Glutamed ORO sachets provide a high dose of L-glutamine (10g per sachet). They also contain 4g of honey powder, ginger and key trace elements; zinc, selenium and copper. They have a subtle citrus flavour. Single serving sachets are especially formulated for administration using the swish & swallow technique intended to counter the side-effects of chemo/ radiation treatment.
When to Use Glutamed ORO
Glutamed ORO is especially formulated for the dietary management of side-effects caused by chemo and or chemo/radiation cancer treatments.
- Treatment related side-effects of radiation and or chem-radiation therapy, such as oral mucositis and diarrhoea
- Cancer cachexia
How to Use Glutamed ORO
SWISH & SWALLOW: for Oral Mucositis
- Mix the contents of 1 sachet with 60ml (or a ¼ cup) of clean room temperature water.
- Stir well until the powder has dissolved.
- Swish the mixture thoroughly around the mouth for 30-60 seconds, before swallowing.
- Continue to do this until the glass/cup is empty.
- DO NOT eat, drink, or brush teeth for 30 minutes after dosing.
- Repeat, using the swish and swallow technique, every 8 hours or 3 times per day.
The swish and swallow technique aims to provide lasting contact of glutamine and honey with the lining of the mouth. This will facilitate healing and absorption from the oral mucosa.
The recommended dosage of L-glutamine in the clinical setting ranges from 0.3g – 0.5g/kg/day.
This corresponds with 10-30g L-glutamine or 1 – 3 sachets on average per day. Best given in divided doses three x daily.